The Quality Engineer – Technical reports to Technical Quality Manager (TQM) or Manager Quality Assurance and Compliance (MQAC) and ensures compliance to regulatory and company requirements.
• Prepare and undertake quality auditing and surveillance of internal, external and contracted maintenance functions to uphold regulatory and internal standards and prepare quality assurance reports resulting from audits, surveillance & investigations.
• Review and approve quality assurance and maintenance procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
• Review and approve training material submitted by the training department for in-house use or recommend/submit to GCAA for approval.
• Responsible review and recommend minor maintenance checklists, forms, etc. to TQM and to review the projects on major modifications related to STCs and certification requirements from a QA perspective and obtain GCAA approval.
• Conduct QA technical assessment boards to ensure competency of maintenance personnel and recommend the grant of company authorisations to certifying staff.
• Responsible for detailed review of the following and provide recommendations to TQM, to ensure timely corrective actions are taken to prevent loss of Certificate of Airworthiness: Aircraft Maintenance Program, MEL& MEL Repair Interval
• Familiar with, enforces and follows the procedures stipulated in the Safety & Quality Management Manual System (SQMM) and becomes an active participant in the workplace safety program. Encourages colleagues and is actively involved in the promotion of a positive reporting culture, by reporting any unsafe acts, unsafe conditions or safety risks.
Education & Experience
1) Relevant Engineering Degree, Electrical, Mechanical, aerospace and/or Maintenance Engineer License with Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering
2) A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the maintenance of large commercial transport aircraft with at least 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance Technical.
3) Formal knowledge in aircraft maintenance and engineering with emphasis to CAR 66/CAR 145/CAR 147/ CAR M Regulations.
4) Formal auditor Training
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.
Click here to Apply Online