Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this position is to implement the Credit/Risk Policy and regulatory related guidelines and liaise with the local market ecosystem and stakeholders. This position works closely with the Head of Credit Risk, Legal and other internal stakeholders and externally liaises with bank partners, credit bureaus, regulators, collection agencies and other ecosystem partners
• Constantly monitor performance of the credit portfolio and analyze and diagnose suspected fraudulent activity and potential threats to the quality including planning for possible mitigation efforts and impacts of Macro economic developments and trends in the market
• Work with Product Managers, Growth Managers and other stakeholders to support business growth initiatives and act as an SME on Credit Policy matters
• Ensure configuration of Credit Policy framework and parameters in the relevant platforms to ensure optimal straight through processing of the user journey while ensuring adherence to the Credit & Risk Policy
• Liaise with relevant market eco-system stakeholders including Credit Bureaus, Bank Partners, Collection Agencies and Regulators as required
• Work with Head of Credit Risk and to define and maintain locally relevant policy guidelines covering acquisition of new customers, maintenance of existing credit facilities, managing delinquency, defaults etc. Also ensure adherence to local regulatory guidelines and requirements
• Work with Head of Credit Risk and Risk Modeling team to define a locally relevant Credit Model and explore opportunities to evolve Credit Model and Risk underwriting considering local market dynamics and via partnerships with players in the local ecosystem
Job Requirements (Experience and Education):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Mathematics or Finance. Master’s Degree is a plus.
• 6-8 years of relevant experience from Consumer Financial Services / Retail Banking industries developing and managing credit policies and monitoring portfolio.
• At least 5 years of proven credit assessment / credit manager experience in consumer finance responsible for policy and portfolio monitoring.
• Should have driven design and launch of credit policy based on required regulations and market conditions.
• Experienced in credit process from consumer acquisition, credit assessment, account creation, disbursal and collections.
• Should have demonstrated ability to understand and discuss new alternative credit assessment models and liaise with stakeholders like Credit Bureaus, Regulators, Banks etc.
• Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Good verbal communication & presentation skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong leadership qualities with ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization.
• Should have knowledge of credit assessment, credit policy implementation, credit portfolio monitoring, lending workflows and platforms.
• Ability to interact with external stakeholders like Credit Bureaus, Financial Regulators, Bank partners.
• Proven ability to influence and engage senior executives and work in a multi-cultural environment.
Since our founding in 1982 we have grown to become a world leader in comprehensive transport and delivery solutions for business and consumers. Headquartered in Dubai, at the heart of the world’s most dynamic commercial hub and on the site of historic trade routes linking east and west, commerce and transport are deeply embedded in Aramex’s DNA. We are dedicated to transforming the face of trade, expanding our operations rapidly to better connect businesses and consumers worldwide.
Click here to Apply Online