Essentially the role is to provide HSE advice and support to the school teams, in order to facilitate a safe environment within all GEMS MENASA schools.
– Work closely with the manager of school operations in order to facilitate effective health and safety within all GEMS MENASA schools.
– To monitor incidents using the Rivo reporting system and consolidate incident statistics in order to present to the VP HSE and other key stakeholders.
– To manage and monitor findings from all work place inspections and H&S audits. This includes, monthly H&S inspections, weekly fire inspections, annual H&S audits etc. This includes ensuring that action points are addressed within a timely manner and that on-going issues are addressed to the VP HSE.
– To develop and deliver specific health and safety related training sessions to MSO’s and other staff as required.
– To monitor Health & safety compliance via regular school visits and attendance of school based health and safety committee meetings. The suggested KPI is 2 x monthly school visits per month and 1 x attendance of a school safety committee meeting per month.
– Support on the development and implementation of risk assessments within schools.
– Monitor the delivery of all health and safety related policies and procedures to the schools, through effective document control procedures. Ensure all obsolete documents are removed from circulation. This includes managing the Rivo document library.
– Monitor HSE compliance throughout the schools in the form of annual HSE audits. Develop management reports based upon the findings and monitor/support on open non conformities.
– Support on the development of HSE policies and procedures and review existing policies and procedures.
– Conduct HSE accident investigations and develop accident investigation reports for senior management. Support on the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
– Support of the development and on-going management of an environmental management system.
– Develop and implement environmental and sustainability initiatives throughout the schools.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
– Preferably a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
– 5 + years’ of managerial HSE experience.
– H&S related qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH).
– Grad IOSH member.
– Ability to develop and deliver H&S training sessions.
Click Here To Apply Online