To provide advice on legal aspects of the Company’s activities, primarily in respect of its contractual relationships with its customers, lenders and shareholders.
To provide legal training to junior members of the Legal Department and to other departments within the organization.
1. Provide Legal advice to relevant internal departments on legal issues referred by General Counsel.
2. Draft, review and negotiate contracts on behalf of the organization’s ventures, and ensure that requisite corporate governance procedures are met with respect to contractual arrangements.
3. Review and draft internal policies and regulations.
4. Provide advice and guidance on corporate governance issues, and ensure that legal advice given is consistent with the relevant company’s corporate governance regime.
5. Develop standard agreements and protocols for use by the wider Legal Department.
6. Carry out such other duties as requested by the General Counsel and/or Chief Executive Officer.
• Must have a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) • Must hold a current practicing certificate in either the US or UK or other Commonwealth Jurisdiction.
• At least 10 years’ experience and commercial knowledge related to the oil and gas industry, preferably gained through working with multi-national companies and/or top tier international law firms. • Able to demonstrate excellent communication and drafting skills in English language. Arabic not essential but would be beneficial. • Strong negotiation skills, with extensive experience of negotiating commercial agreements. • Able to work independently with little or no supervision, with the ability to manage and prioritize workload. • Experience of managing junior lawyers, and teams of lawyers on specific transactions.
Click Here To Apply Online