Acts as the focal point for all Human Resources services including but not limited to talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, onboarding, employee services, affirmative action, employment law compliance, handling grievances and disciplinary actions, off-boarding, participating in career fairs, promoting the company through recruitment campaigns, advocating internship programs and participating in key HR projects.
Key Result Responsibilities
1. Works closely with the HR-Business Manager on supporting the management of human resources on a day-to-day basis and ensuring the operational functions run efficiently with required staffing and highly engaged employees.
2. Establishes effective relationships with Line Managers and employees and provides quality advice and service to management on daily employee services and performance management issues.
3. Assists the HR-Business Support Manager in developing and implementing function related policies and procedures and in updating the same in the HR General Policies manual and on the portal.
4. Conducts recruitment planning meetings. Verifies the requisition form received from Line Managers versus the approved manpower budget and provides necessary analysis on justifications for the non-budgeted requests to the Head of HR for approval.
5. Designs the framework for (internal/external) advertisements of the agreed vacancies ensuring alignment of criteria and content with the required competencies; decides on the channels to be adopted and follows up on the release of the vacancies.
6. Utilizes available resources and tools such as CVs databank, sourcing engines, LinkedIn, and recruitment agencies, to identify candidates for the vacancies handled based on given skill sets and competencies. Organizes and conducts Recruitment Campaigns/Open Days/Career Fairs.
7. Conducts pre-screening, short-lists, and partners with HR/Line Managers to design and conduct competency-based assessment modules for technical and non-technical jobs to ensure attracting best calibre.
8. Organizes the interview and assessment arrangements and formalities including necessary material, logistics, invitations to candidates and designated managers/panel, facilitation of stages, and results.
9. Prepares the summary reports of interviews/assessment results, for the specified roles, and finalizes the selection process with the Line Managers.
10. Ensures proper communication is established with candidates on the results of their interviews, i.e., appropriate feedback that reflects accurate status and maintains a positive corporate image of Air Arabia at all the times.
Key Result Responsibilities – Continued
11. Conducts necessary salary analysis to prepare employment offers in line with Company’s grading and pay schemes; obtains necessary approvals then negotiates the offer financial terms with candidates to the interest of the Company ensuring fair play and win-win situation.
12. Ensures all pre-offer formalities such as collecting documents, security approval, agreeing on joining dates and reference checks are handled in a timely manner. Extends employment offers/contracts to the selected candidates; educates them on the “T&C”, policies, procedures, working hours, benefits, entitlements, restrictions, labour laws and regulations.
13. Ensures coordination with HR teams on employment visa requirements, travel, and hotel arrangements, if required, and with UHS (where applicable) for medical tests to ensure they are carried out appropriately and in a timely manner.
14. Oversees the process of on-boarding ensuring efficient delivery of IDs, Uniforms, logistics, “Welcome Packages”, LMS training and GCAA required tests/licenses, and conducts familiarization tours introducing the company’s guiding principles and working environment.
15. Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
16. Complies with all existing governmental and labour laws and government reporting requirements. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits. Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
17. Participates in conducting investigations on employee grievances or disciplinary issues. Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company.
18. Conducts exit interviews for staff in junior positions and analyzes the outcome of “Attrition Reports” to recommend corrective measures accordingly.
19. Recommends employee services practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee service and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Follows up with team and Line Managers on new joiner’s status and obtains their feedback on the recruitment process, general environment, and working conditions at Air Arabia. Generates reports on the same to be utilized for improving recruitment process and working conditions.
20. Partners with the Performance Management Specialist to take necessary action towards confirming/terminating new joiners based on the 3/6 months probationary appraisal results.
21. Initiates letters of confirmations, resignations, terminations, retirement, transfers, re-designations, promotions, internships, and others in coordination with HR Teams and Line Managers, this includes the special programs and upgrades for Pilots/Cabin Crew/Technicians/Engineers (as assigned).
22. Generates/reviews/ and maintains function related reports and spread sheets such as Recruitment Status Report, Recruitment Statistics, New Joiners Checklists, Reports, etc. Monitors the HR system to ensure it is updated with records and documents needed; maintains databank of all qualified CVs to refer to for future vacancies.
23. Performs any other duties as advised by Line Manager.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
– Bachelor degree in Human Resources or Sciences/ Management/Administration or equivalent from a recognized
university; alternately a higher diploma or certificate in a related field combined with needed years of experience.
– Must have completed two or more of the job related trainings such as “Competency Based Interviewing
Techniques”, “Effective/Advanced Interviewing Skills”, “ Interviewing and Selection”,“ Negotiating and Influencing”,
“Evaluation and Assessment”, “ Performance Management”, etc.
– Professional HR qualifications and certificates such as PMS, HP, HRP, SHRP, etc. are preferred.
– Ability to use technology systems/tools mainly those of recruitment Sourcing Engines and agencies, ERP, etc.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel), Internet, LinkedIn, and Web Search.
– Cost Control, Project Management, and Compliance, and “Train the Trainer” trainings are an added value.
– Excellent written and verbal communication, business writing, presentations, and reporting skills etc.
– Fluent in English Language, (Arabic language is a plus)
(Internal candidates may be exempted from certain requirements based on experience and competency).
– 6+ years of related working experience in Human Resources in any service industry preferably in Airlines out of which a minimum of 3 years at least working in Recruitment/Talent Acquisition.
– Must have worked in a mid-sized organization operating on a regional/multinational level.
– Knowledgeable in HR functions (employee services/payroll/PMS) and corresponding processes is a pre-requisite.
– Knowledge in formalities and pre-requisites associated with UAE Immigration and Labour requirements is preferred.
– Must have worked on developing competency-based assessment centres and modules.
– Experienced in drafting contracts with attention to labour regulations and company’s policies.
– Cost-oriented, possesses effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
– Employs effective communications and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels both internally with stakeholders and externally with vendors, service providers, candidates, and others, to achieve work requirements.
– Exposure and good relations with the available resourcing engines and recruitment agencies is preferred.
– Hands-on conducting effective interviews and assessments for candidates within agreed principles and guidelines.
– Capable of meeting deadlines without compromising the quality of outcome.
– Capable of prioritizing and assigning responsibilities as well acting in critical situations.
– High attention to details, confidentiality, and ability to implement and monitor adherence of team to policies, procedures and set measures are a must.
– Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
Click here to Apply Online