Execute the response to planned and forced outages of Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) according to the regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, employee safety, and environmental protection, to ensure overall business performance objectives are achieved. Provide execution subject matter expertise as necessary to the planning and preparation of the outage schedule to ensure a timely and successful return to service of the equipment in scope for BNPP outages.
Outage Management – Execution
• Implement the long-term outage life-cycle plan by executing effective refueling outage plans that reflect the activities required to keep the Barakah Nuclear Power Plants operating safely and efficiently.
• Implement Forced Outage Program template schedules, designed to address the various conditions and modes encountered with Forced Outages in order to equip staff with the necessary tools to prepare for and respond to forced outages.
• Implement standardized forced outage preparation and execution processes and procedures to support safe and efficient return to service of the affected BNPP unit(s).
• Execute responses to forced outages to ensure rapid and safe return to operation.
• Identify areas of risk, including schedule risk, equipment reliability risk and maintenance performance risk and report them to Outage Management leadership to support risk mitigation process and achieve department objectives.
• Attend daily outage meetings to ensure Outage staff and stakeholders maintain high situational awareness.
• Perform analysis and communicate to the Outage Control Center (OCC) to ensure critical and near critical path activities remain on track.
• Monitor that key schedule milestones are being achieved during outage execution, milestone product quality meets established standards, and prompt corrective actions are established for recovery plans to minimize plant downtime during planned and forced outages.
• Monitor outage execution related activities are consistent with outage schedule milestones and management objectives
• Prepare routine work control reports for distribution; schedule reports and key performance indicators to measure and communicate performance outage execution activities.
• Identify and assess schedule risks to ensure a pro-active approach to un-foreseen changes to the schedule.
Outage Management – Preparation and Scheduling
• Monitor preparation and scheduling milestones to ensure that they remain on track and that recovery plans are put in place to deal with preparation milestones that are at risk.
• Support Outage Preparation by evaluating the number of material acquisitions, supporting conflict resolution, procurement reviews, management direction and focus, and coordination of engineering and technical organizations in conflict resolutions to ensure alignment between outage work streams. .
• Provide responses to forced outages to ensure rapid and safe return to operation.
• Provide process coordination support with regards to Outage Execution managing the preparation, scheduling and execution of outage related activities to ensure that Nuclear Safety is the overriding priority.
Outage Management – Lessons Learned and Other
• Provide input to the department performance analysis against established performance criteria through various means such as participation in self-assessments, performance monitoring programs, direct personal observation and industry benchmarked Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to improve performance.
• Coordinate with the Operations (OP) function in order to eliminate schedule induced challenges to nuclear safety and plant technical specifications.
Outage and Emergency Response Organization (ERO) Support
• Support outage and/or the ERO, as assigned, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations; this may require shift work/off hours support.
Health and Safety and Security
• Follow all relevant company’s Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure compliance in all aspects of work as per sound management practices. Apply these policies and procedures to self and others to ensure reasonable care of the health and safety of the employee; the environment; and various individuals who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
• Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
• Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
People Management• Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Excellence and Quality Management
• Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by eliminating waste, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback, and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
• Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals.
7 years of relevant experience of which:
3 years in Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) Nuclear Power Plant experience at an operational site and or Advanced Pressurized-water Reactor APR-1400, Open Pool Reactor (OPR)-1000 or Combustion Engineering Nuclear Steam Supply System (CE NSSS) Design, Work Management or Outage Management experience, as applicable for position.
Senior Reactor Operator
Defense in Depth (DID)
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related science
Click here to Apply Online