You as a Senior Service Sales Engineer will be a part of the Power Grids division which is a global leader in turnkey power projects and will be based in Doha, Qatar. The Power Grids division delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain – serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers. You will be responsible to drive service sales process in collaboration with the Sales Manager. Generate service sales opportunities and secure profitable sales for substation services product group in Qatar. Focus on installed base penetration (IB) and sell the entire Service product portfolio in collaboration with other ABB service units. Build long term customer relationships and ensure immediate response to specific customer needs and issues.
Your main responsibilities will include:-
(1). Service Sales Delivery
• To focus on service business development with proactive and comprehensive service solutions to customer by means of strengthening existing basic service, white space analysis, fixing gaps, promoting high value added services for substation equipment.
• Penetrate IB, promote various upgrade, retrofit and value add solutions to the benefit of the customer and ABB.
(2). Volume and Profit
• Achieve service sales volume by prospecting and identifying customers for substation services, generate service leads, Communicate customer requirement with sales & tendering team to build competitive techno-commercial offers in-line with customer expectations.
• Follow up proposals with customers to secure orders.
• Participate in negotiations of contracts to secure orders.
(3). New opportunities
• Generate service sales leads and develops new market opportunities by utilizing market trend information, identifying and exploring potential new service portfolios. Takes a One ABB approach to leverage other colleagues’ portfolios.
(4). Sales Process
• Regular customer visits, usage of Sales Force and other sales management tools.
• Chart out and monitors sales proposals, tenders and follows up proposal statistics. Prepare ABB’s Service offerings based on customer need and in coordination with the Sales Manager.
• Communicate contract details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy. Manages administrative sales processes.
• Participate in negotiations of contracts in coordination with sales & tendering team.
• Evaluate and share relevant information on installed base data, sales leads, customer’s and competitor’s solutions and marketing trends with the team.
• Act as a marketer/salesperson of ABB’s service products and solutions during marketing activities (trade fairs, exhibitions, conferences, customer meetings). Translate the needs of customer into relevant ABB Service offerings and solutions.
(6). Health, Safety & Integrity
• Monitor client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams.
• Identify and manage potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers/channels.
• Drive health and safety practices in own unit.
(7). Customer Approach
• Establish long term customer relationship with key customers and decision makers by understanding the requirements, regulations and exhibiting high expertise in technical solutions and products to promote Life Cycle Management (LCM). Ensure customer satisfaction issues are registered and responded to by team.
Ideally you should have a bachelor’s degree/ diploma in electrical engineering with domain experience in medium and high voltage substations. Minimum 5 years to 8 experience working with utility and industrial customers. You should be well versed with substation equipment such as GIS, MV Switchgears, and Protection & control System. Servicing background in substation will be of added value.
You should have good communication skills, presentation skills, negotiation skills with good customer relationship management. Analytical thinking with a solution oriented style is required.
Click Here To Apply Online