RF Fleet System Engineers (FSE) support various DoD RF baseband equipment and C4I systems located in the Baseband Equipment Rooms (BER) at Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station. Support includes administration and maintenance of systems, use and development of standard operating procedures, lead and coordination of troubleshooting efforts to resolve issues on supported units across multiple circuits, systems and facilities. FSEs will serve as technical advisor to NCTS personnel related to Fleet networking and RF operations in the C5F or C6F AOR. FSE shall provide support and administration for the Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) suite and Enterprise Pier Connectivity Architecture (EPCA), including support for installation, upgrades, and Tier 3 / Tier-4 system engineering. This position will also support SCIP-IWF for voice services to fleet units; SHF, EHF (Legacy/FOT/NMT/TIP/ATIP), CBSP, INMARSAT, and other RF and IP/ATM systems (afloat/ashore). FSEs will conduct on-site and remote troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that cross multiple systems, including ship-shore interfaces, and work with other subject experts and technical personnel to resolve issues.
Act as senior technical advisor to NCTS military personal, assuring continuity of all RF communications to deployed units in C5F or C6F AORs.
Provide SME support for administration and troubleshooting systems and components including satellite communications (SATCOM) terminals, modems, baseband equipment, DAMA, UHF, EHF and other radio frequency (RF) gear up to the antenna; as well as network systems and components to include servers, workstations, routers, switches, transport systems and networks (i.e. Juniper CTP), and cryptographic devices.
Work with shipboard technicians, staff officers, NOC, NCTAMS, NCTS FSEs and military personnel to ensure successful RF cut overs to and from alternate area of responsibility (AOR).
Provide SME support for installations, upgrades, remote and on-site support and troubleshooting assistance for problems that may cross multiple C2/C4I systems. FSE will assist the customer with developing, reviewing and updating operational and technical documentation.
Support military personnel with Tactical Mission Planning Subsystem (T-MPSS) image generation, image-related troubleshooting efforts, and configuration management of NMT image loadout in the NCTS and Teleport facilities; provide input for planning and execution of EHF SAAs for local terminals and afloat users in the AOR, and review monthly EHF service plan (ESP) for NAVCENT prior to release to the Fleet.
Provides SME level troubleshooting of ADNS INC2 and INC3 routing anomalies. This includes unicast and multicast routing support needed for BMD Multicast TADIL J traffic and TACLANE specific Secure Dynamic Discovery end to end multicast packet delivery between ship and shore over all RF and pier connections.
Monitor and troubleshoot RF/ADNS/IP Network performance of ships receiving IP services. Ensure proper patching and performance of Serial and ESEM/Ethernet connections for all ADNS types. This includes reviewing Performance Based Routing (INC3) and Policy Based Routing (INC2) and providing direction on making appropriate posture changes and needed adjustments to baseline required to support unique mission demands.
Provide support for NCTAMS restoral procedures and rapid response for emergent issues
Provide OJT and mentorship on NCTS SATCOM systems and network components for military technicians.
Interacting with multiple customer organizations and Teleport Program Office will be required
Less than 5% travel may be required.
Candidate will work primarily in a communications facility at the NCTS or in an office or computer equipment room environment. Work outside of normal work week hours may be required, to participate in meetings, troubleshooting efforts, and to support installations or upgrades.
• Minimum Qualification:
• BS in Information Technology or RF Engineering or 8+ years technical experience in related discipline required.
• 6+ years of experience with DoD enterprise or Navy networks. Fleet NOC, NCTAMS, NCTS experience highly desired.
• 6+ years of with the operation and maintenance of Navy satellite systems (e.g. NMT, AN/GSC-52A/B (MET), WSC-6, WSC-9, WSC-3, CBSP) required
• 6+ years’ experience with Advanced Digital Networking System (ADNS) all variants required
• Preferred Certifications:
• Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy guidance) with IA requirements (and CE requirements, if applicable) required.
• Certification or vendor training in one operating system (Cisco, Linux, or Windows) required; multiple operating systems (Unix/Linux, CISCO or Windows) highly desired
• Intimate knowledge of fleet communications systems and architectures required.
• Must communicate well both orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel.
• Must be able to troubleshoot across multiple systems, including those off-site and work with other SMEs to determine cause and actions to take for restoration.
• Must be able modify technical documentation, SOPs, baseline documentation (drawings, topologies, etc.) and other systems engineering documents
• Must be capable of activating, maintaining, and troubleshooting various UHF, EHF and SHF circuits for all DoD activities
• Must be able to provide training to Navy personnel.
• TS/SCI may be required depending on location
Click here to Apply Online