About the Role
GEMS Education is looking to appoint an experienced HR Manager to lead and manage all aspects of Human Resources within a school, manage and oversee the implementation and compliance of policies, procedures and systems. The HR Manager will provide expertise, support and advice on various HR functions, which include recruitment, staffing, Employment Law, performance management, professional learning, talent development and employee relations.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced HR Manager preferably with experience in a school setting and associated staffing processes. This includes Recruitment, Onboarding, Employee Relations and the full employee life cycle.
The position directly reports to the Principal/CEO and functionally to HR Business Partner
The HR Manager will manage and support day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office in the School along with the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programmes. The incumbent will provide support and advice in the various human resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, employee engagement and employee relations.
The School HR Manager will be the first point of contact for all school staff on all HR matters; duties will cover the full spectrum of the employee lifecycle.
Recruitment and On-boarding
– Provide support to the Principal/CEO in the recruitment of all school based positions.
– Liaise with corporate HR recruitment team for teaching positions, complete all administrative tasks related to the teacher recruitment process.
– Manage the full process for the recruitment of non-teaching positions including advertising, shortlisting and screening candidates, setting up interviews and communicating with candidates throughout the recruitment process.
– Prepare employment contracts using DAX in compliance with GEMS policies and procedures and UAE Labour Law regulations.
– Coordinate the preparation of the Ministry of Labour offer letter and employment contract process with the school designated Government Relations staff member.
– Liaise with the travel department to book travel for new employees and maintain regular communication with new hires, including sending Welcome Email and Handbook and answering questions, conduct new hire inductions.
– Process new hire forms including bank account forms, medical insurance, business card and access card requests
– Design and conduct new employee orientations to explain school policies, compensation and benefit programs.
HR Operations support
– Manage and support day-to-day operations of all HR related matters in school. Manage the administration of HR policies, procedures and programs.
– Provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on school policies, procedures and documentations.
– Manager employee filing system maintaining up-to-date soft copy and electronic versions for all school employee. Ensure files contain all relevant information and are maintained in an organised manner.
– Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
– Produce NOCs, salary certificates and salary transfer letters using DAX, in English and Arabic as required on a timely basis.
– Develop and maintain HRIS database, employee files and records.
– Update employee handbook as required.
– Support ERP project team with input on HR systems, policies and requirements
– Track approval process for all processes wherever other department’s signatures are required, ore when DAX system approvals are required.
– Run reports from DAX as required by school management, or when specified by the HR Area manager/ HR Cluster Lead, or other areas of the business on a timely basis.
– Draft routine correspondence, letters and memos as required by management.
– Assist and prepare statistical summaries and reports for school and GEMS Corporate office.
– Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
– Engage with other School HR Officers in a productive and solutions-focused manner, sharing best practice ideas and positive ways of working.
– Complete any ad-hoc HR project work as and when required.
– Overseeing and coordinating the MOE professional license process
– Coordinating the KHDA MPD training process
– Assisting with the preparation and payment of stipends
– Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
– Perform specific research/investigation into employee relations issues as requested and directed by Management.
– Provide support to HR Area managers and HR Cluster leads as required for all employee relations matters.
– Advise school management and staff on UAE Labour law regulations and compliance.
– Be the first point of contact for all employees on employee relations issues
– Act as a counsellor to employees as and when required.
– Be a positive role model for all school employees, acting as an employee engagement champion in school.
– Manage the separations process from start to finish will all employees following resignation or termination.
– Provide Principal with guidance on Labour Law regulations in regards to separations processes.
– Liaise with employees identified as leavers to collate exit documentation required and to coordinate clearance procedures.
– Conduct an exit interview (online and face-to-face) with all leavers, gather exit interview data on a regular basis and present this to the Principal for review
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the internal recruitment process:
Effective communication skills
Customer service approach
Able to influence colleagues in a diverse cultural environment
Deliver results in a timely manner with highest degree of efficiency
Collaborate with members of leadership team to deliver key HR initiatives
Attention to detail & able to prioritize key tasks
Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
Credible experience of managing employee relations
To be considered for this appointment, you will have:
At least a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience working in a HR generalist capacity.
College Degree preferred.
Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods
Experience of working on DAX, SniperHire and all HR Digital Tools is key for this role.
All applicants will be contacted for interviews shortly after the closure date of this internal job advertisement. Interviews will be conducted by:
– Principals/Executive Team
– HR Business Partner
About Your Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, visa, tuition fee concession, medical insurance, annual airfare allowance, 38 days annual leave and end of service gratuity.
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
Click here to Apply Online