Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and technically sound individual to join Honeywell’s Process Solution team as a Field Service Engineer based in Doha, Qatar, for our Offshore customers. The purpose of this role is to provide technical support, solve technical problems and incidents and implementation of service projects/contracts for Honeywell customers.
Field Service Engineer responsibilities:
· Perform routine/ complex preventative maintenance work and/ or corrective activities for all system components that comprise the Integrated Automation System (IAS) on board of LNG Offshore Operations Units (LNG Carrier, FSRU, FLNG…)
· Deploy latest system software, patches and updates (including Honeywell On and Off Process Migrations)
· Deploy latest security and antivirus updates across the IAS
· Managing complex technical issues, coordinating with Global Technical Assistance Centre (GTAC)
· Managing all activities pertaining to the requesting, accepting and closing of attendance work list (inclusive of performing risk assessment and site impact analysis, peer reviews ensuring the necessary approvals and controls are in place before work proceeds and that the implementers are aware of the limits and restrictions)
· Raise the necessary Service Requests (SR’s) with the relevant GCCC/ or GTAC and follow issue through to resolution
· Escalate any SR issues considered to have either a serious impact or political impact to the Site Services Program Manager
· Participate to Dry Dock works when vessels are in 5 years maintenance operations, time for entire maintenance routine, hardware and software migration
· Be able to maintain a knowledge base of issue /resolution path to share with the service team
· Be able to maintain a historic of parts failure and consumption
· Understand alarms, events and control logic implemented and be able to assist customer during fault analysis
· Be able to design, update, implement and commission small control logic as part of Management Of Change rules
· Maintain good relationship with customer
· Maintain good reporting to FOL and Service Manager
· Adhere to, and ensure the full adherence of others to the sites mandatory Process Control Domain security requirements
· You will be expected to travel between around 75% of travel time while in this role
Qualifications and Experience
Degree qualified (Engineering / Computer Science) with at least 5 years of experience (experience of Honeywell systems is an advantage)
Experience of working with live plant equipment in an operational environment (including online work)
Experience with various Experion Process Knowledge System (EPKS) operating, configuration and troubleshooting displays and tools to identify and rectify faults related to station and server redundancy issues, C200 and C300 error indications (from Local LED’s and Station Displays), FTE networks and Ethernet switches, Configuration Studio, Network Tree, Experion support and maintenance, using Diagnostic Studio, Experion Backup and Restore and SCADA problems (knowledge of TPS system will be an added advantage)
Knowledge of CISCO switches and network concepts
You should have good working knowledge of where to find, and how to interrogate Experion System Logs and analysis tools, all Experion hardware and software configuration areas, Windows 2003/2008 Server and security issues, Cisco based networks
Process control techniques and control strategy implementation
Excellent problem solving skills, strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of ESD Systems will be an added advantage
Knowledge of PLC Systems will be an added advantage
Honeywell offers employees the opportunity to work on the world’s most exciting projects, transforming the cities we live in, the buildings where we work, and the vehicles that move us.
Paid annual leave and time off work
A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
Market specific training and on-going personal development
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
JOB ID: HRD160934
Category: Customer Experience
Location: Al Whada Street 391,Amwal Tower,5th fl.,Al Wassar Area 61, P.O. Box: 63757,Doha,AD DAWHAH,Qatar
Click here to Apply Online