Position at Al Jazeera Media Network
Al Jazeera Media network a Senior Operator – Multi-Skills Operations is responsible for the following inputs required for daily news and programmes on-air operations: Teleprompt system ,Floor Managing Graphics Playout (Vizrt), Video Playout (Mosart, Icommad).
Senior Operator – Multi-Skills Operations should be capable to operate professionally:
• Operate Video play out system as per the instruction from the Director during production
• Manage the Video play out system to ensure it is ready for specific shows and optimum settings are adopted.
• Oversight of all timed elements of live and pre-recorded programmes.
• Ensure programmes fit in timed slots as per master schedule.
• Check and manage times of all programme elements, packages, lives, studio interviews etc to ensure overall show timing is as agreed.
• Track timing of specific graphics e.g. presenter names and informs Graphics Operator when they are to be taken to air.
• Liaise closely with editorial staff in News to help ensure technical accuracy of script details.
• Liaise closely with Transmission controllers to confirm and/or agree show on and off air times. Graphics
• Manage and operate the template graphics system and related software’s during on-air operations
• Check daily running order for news and programs.
• Conduct daily system and software checks.
• Make needed amendments on uploaded graphics and interactive tools on the graphics Server, before on-air,
• Monitor all graphics played-out on-air for any needed edits during on-air time,
• Troubleshoot and solve on-air problems or system failures,
• Prepare daily status report on defects or system failure,
• Take covers off presenter’s desk at start of day and put back at end of day
• Set the Microphones for the presenters and guests
• Re-number run down 10 minutes before the top of the program
• Print Scripts for current rundown and number new scripts and headlines as they appear
• Make sure there is fresh water for the presenters/ guests at the desk
• Count to air
• Make sure the newsroom noise is kept to a minimum
• Make sure cameras are in correct positions at all times
• Move cameras and newsroom furniture to new positions when requested by Director
• Adjust program sound whenever the presenter is at the video wall
• Rehearse video walls with Gallery
• Liaise with Makeup Artists to ensure they have time to get on set for final styling touches and before on-air time
• Liaise with the Directors for special coverage and programs to ensure meeting expectations and preparing for special requirements
BA Degree, Communications, or related fields is preferable.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in TV, Media, communications, or related fields.
Click here to Apply Online