About the role
As Senior HR Business Partner for dnata Travel you will partner with executive and senior business leaders to define, develop and execute organisational and people strategies and initiatives that align structure, culture and talent with business priorities, and dnata vision, mission and values.
You will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of a global team of HR professionals within your assigned business unit. You will guide and support local HR teams on the appropriate and effective implementation of the global governance HR requirements, HR frameworks and group HR initiatives. The role will be based full-time in our Dubai office, though extensive travel to our dnata Travel offices in Asia, Middle East and Europe will be required.
What you will do
· Contribute to business strategy by defining an appropriate HR strategy, partnering with senior leaders to identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, behaviours, structures and processes. Provide business insights and connections from internal networks, ensure solutions are tailored to address business needs. Support change management as it relates to structures, teams and people processes through professional project management.
· Provide expertise and advice regarding the design, implementation and maintenance of a suitable and effective organisational structure for the effective delivery of the divisional strategy, ensuring a focus on expertise, productivity, and governance; constantly review the organisational model in conjunction with business leaders to ensure fit for purpose.
· Lead HR stream of due diligence investigations to assess and evaluate new business opportunities such as acquisition, mergers or joint ventures; responsible for implementation of HR stream for approved new business opportunities to minimize risk to the group.
· Define talent needs, and support leaders to forecast and plan their workforce and talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy, including direct involvement in executive sourcing. Assist leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future business requirements. Partner with colleagues in HR COEs to deliver tailored solutions for the customer related to talent acquisition and development.
· Establish and maintain an effective connection with global HR community for the assigned business unit, ensuring cascade of one dnata HR strategy and common understanding of global governance requirements, HR frameworks and group HR initiatives. Identify and assess gaps in implementation and propose a coordinated plan for resolution.
· Contribute to the development and execution of the global dnata HR strategic direction, including leadership of cross-functional HR sub-teams to deliver global HR initiatives. Review and benchmark the internal and external environment, translating good practice into proposals that are aligned to HR and corporate goals.
· Define and drive improvements in performance culture in line with corporate principles, work with leaders to translate department strategic goals into meaningful outputs that contribute to business results. Coach and support senior executives in their understanding and management of a high performance culture for all employees.
· Lead a team of HR specialists towards achievement of the departmental objectives through setting individual goals, managing / measuring performance, developing and motivating staff through formal feedback.
Monitor the implementation of, and compliance with, the dnata corporate governance framework in global businesses within the assigned portfolio. Highlight risk to senior executives as appropriate, and work with local businesses on rectification plans for identified gaps.
Qualifications & Experience
What you will bring to the team
• Degree or Honours in a relevant subject (HR, Business, Humanities)
• Post Graduate qualifications preferred
• Professional accreditation preferred (CIPD, AHRI or equivalent)
• 10+ years’ experience in an advisory or partnering role; including a minimum 5 years in a leadership role
• Practical HR experience in an international organisation; experience leading virtual teams and / or working within a matrix structure preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
• Able to understand business needs and anticipate future problems/risk, develop simple and effective solutions.
• Connects internal problems with external knowledge and research, leverages networks to provide innovative recommendations to improve business results.
• Strong collaboration focus to ensure shared goals are realised.
• Ability to develop relationships with senior business leaders, acts as a trusted advisor in order to influence business decisions.
• Analytical ability to collect and synthesise large quantities of data, tell the story and formulate recommendations based on data trends and insights.
• Adaptable, agile, pragmatic, open to change and ability to drive business change whilst motivating and engaging teams.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills with strong communication / interpersonal skills.
• Able to remain impartial, use diplomacy and resolve conflict whilst maintaining effective relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages will be a distinct advantage).
Recruitment Process and Timeline
Your application journey begins by applying via the Emirates Careers website. Please ensure your CV is up to date for our talent acquisition team to review your profile. If you meet the criteria of the role, you will then be invited to complete a HireVue video interview, to share more about your product experience and your career aspirations. If you are shortlisted you will then be invited to interview with our hiring managers. If you are successful, your recruiter will reach out to you with an offer and then our Onboarding team will ensure a smooth transition to your new role.
Click here to Apply Online